[netCDF #BSH-232411]: Linker Error while compiling

> Full Name: Ankit Jain
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System: Windows
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to compile simple_xy_rd.cpp which came along with
> netcdf-4.0.1 package. I was working on C++ in windows with visual
> studio 2008. I Included the necessary files in the project from
> netcdf-4.0.1\cxx and netcdf-4.0.1\libsrc downloaded the lib file and
> dll for  netcdf verion 3.6.1, gave the path to lib file in the project,
> but I was getting linker errors for all commands related to
> netcdf(NcFile, NcVar etc). I have tried different versions of the dll
> and lib file and similarly different versions of the package itself,
> but I got the same linker errors. Please help. The lib file is being
> found by the project, I checked that, so that is not a problem.
>
> Regards,
> Ankit jain

Howdy Ankit!

Only the C and Fortran 77 APIs are available in the DLL, not the C++ API.

You want to use the C API. The C++ API is outdated and being replaced, but the
replacement is not quite ready yet. So you don't want to write any code for the
old C++ API.

Good luck!

Ed

Ticket ID: BSH-232411