[netCDF #QVX-725612]: Basic Install obstacle

> Full Name: Erik Noble
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.1 source
> Operating System: MAC OSX 10.5.8
> Hardware: Intel
> Description of problem:
>
> Hi.
>
> I searched through the listserve archives and I could not find help on
> installing netcdf 4.1 on MAC with ifort.  Could I have help?
>
> I am using most recent versions of intel ifort and icc.
>
> I get past the ./compile stage but I keep getting the *** No rule to
> make target `check'.  Stop error when I try to do the last 2 steps of
> compiling.
>
> Usually, how do people get around this?
>
> -thank you ahead of time.
> -Erik

I think you need to run ./configure instead of ./compile. Check out the
instructions here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Quick-Instructions.html

There are also special instructions from Intel about using ifort:
http://www.intel.com/support/performancetools/sb/CS-027812.htm

Ed

Ticket ID: QVX-725612
Department: Support netCDF