[netCDF #ODF-501785]: netcdf

> How do I turn off ALL the test done by configure with netcdf. I just
> want it to make Makefiles which I will modify. I need to do a cross
> compile for and cray xt3.
>
> thanks
>
> --
> Dennis C. Dinge, Ph.D
> Cray Support
> 880 C-118H
> address@hidden
> (505) 844-0386

Dennis,

One does not generally do this for cross-compiles.

There is a way to turn off all tests which run code (as opposed to just
compiling it). Use --disable-fortran-type-check, and manually edit the config.h
to set the values mentioned below (along with their default settings)

      AC_DEFINE(NCBYTE_T, byte)
      AC_DEFINE(NCSHORT_T, integer*2)
      AC_DEFINE(NF_INT1_T, byte)
      AC_DEFINE(NF_INT2_T, integer*2)
      AC_DEFINE(NF_INT1_IS_C_SIGNED_CHAR, 1, [default])
      AC_DEFINE(NF_INT2_IS_C_SHORT, 1, [default])
      AC_DEFINE(NF_INT_IS_C_INT, 1, [default])
      AC_DEFINE(NF_REAL_IS_C_FLOAT, 1, [default])
      AC_DEFINE(NF_DOUBLEPRECISION_IS_C_DOUBLE, 1, [default])

So use --disable-fortran-type-check, and run a normal cross-compile configure
run, and you will get Makefiles that will work.

The netCDF build is getting very complicated. I would not try to create
Makefiles "by hand" because there is a serious chance to mess things up...

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: ODF-501785
Department: Support netCDF