[netCDF #NNT-822493]: Problem with Inquiring dimensions ids with netcdf

Mondher,

> First of all thanks for your answer...
> Sorry but I forgot to mention that I am compiling the test-debug using
> the -mcmodel=medium  option flag...

Was the netCDF library you are linking against also compiled with the
-mcmodel=medium option flag?  If not, that might explain the problem.

Also, the PGI Users Guide for version 8 compilers says this:

  64-bit Linux Considerations

  On 64-bit Linux systems, 64-bit applications that use the
  -mcmodel=medium option sometimes cannot be successfully linked
  statically. Therefore, users with executables built with the
  -mcmodel=medium option may need to use shared libraries, linking
  dynamically. Also, runtime libraries built using the -fpic option
  use 32-bit offsets, so they sometimes need to reside near other
  runtime libs in a shared area of Linux program memory.

so it looks like you need to build a shared netCDF library in order
to use this flag.

--Russ

Ticket ID: NNT-822493
Department: Support netCDF