[netCDF #QUC-732401]: question on netcdf

Hi Rama,

> I am trying to test run the fortran90 code "simple_xy_wr.f90" downloaded
> from unidata site. I run the code using following command on my g95
> fotran compiler:
>
> g95 -c -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf simple_xy_wr.f90
>
> I get a fatal error as follows:
>
> Fatal Error: While reading module 'netcdf' found module version 0,
> expected 5.
>
> Is this because the difference netCDF version installed on my linux
> machine ?

Either an earlier version of g95 or perhaps a different Fortran
compiler (gfortran?) was used to create the Fortran 90 .mod module
file installed in /usr/local/include.  You should either compile with
the same Fortran compiler used when the library was installed or
rebuild from source to get a new module file that the g95 compiler you
are using can understand.

Hope this helps ...
--Russ

Ticket ID: QUC-732401