[netCDF #WTI-367756]: netCDF with Intel v. 11

Hi Ed,

Sorry it's taken so long to respond to your question.

We don't have the Intel version 11 compilers installed here yet, so we're
currently unable to reproduce the problem or suggest a workaround.  The
code where the problem occurred, ncdump/tst_utf8.c, is passing a short
UTF-8 encoded string to a library function, and this worked fine with the
Intel version 10 compilers.

We appreciate the problem report, and will try to determine the source of
the problem when we get version 11 compilers installed.  You might also
request that Intel upgrade the information they provide on installing netCDF
with the version 10 compilers at

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/performance-tools-for-software-developers-building-netcdf-with-the-intel-compilers/

in case the problem indicates a bug in the new compilers.

--Russ

Ticket ID: WTI-367756
Department: Support netCDF