[netCDF #ITM-891458]: Conversion into netcdf using ncgen

Hi Justin,

Sorry it has taken so long to respond to your question.

Was this a very old version of ncgen, from before 1997?  I haven't seen an
occurrence of
that error message since the version of ncgen released with netCDF 2.4.1, in
March 1996,
which included the following in its RELEASE_NOTES:

   -  Fixed ncgen bug in filling one-dimensional string variables when
   specified with multiple
       values that should be concatenated, eliminating spurious "too many
       values for this variable"
       message.

If you got the message from a recent version of ncgen, could you make the
netCDF file available
to us, so we could reproduce and provide a fix for the bug?

Thanks.

--Russ

Ticket ID: ITM-891458
Department: Support netCDF