[netCDF #CGC-382838]: netcdf-4 on Mac OSX 10.5 with NAG compiler

> Dear support,
>
> I compiled zlib, szlib, hdf5 and netcdf4 on Mac OS X 10.5.5 with gcc
> and the NAG fortran compiler.
>
> All builds went well and all 'make check' passed without errors.
>
> Now I am compiling a package that uses netcdf (climate data operators:
> cdo: www.mpimet.mpg.de/~cdo) and the configure script stops with the
> error: couldn't find netcdf library
> It actually finds the library but the library then does not find some
> hdf things:
> Undefined symbols:
> "_H5Tget_member_offset", referenced from:
> _nc4_rec_read_metadata in libnetcdf.a(nc4hdf.o)
> "_H5Pset_fclose_degree", referenced from:
> _nc_create_file in libnetcdf.a(nc4file.o)
> _nc_open_file in libnetcdf.a(nc4file.o)
> "_H5T_STD_I16BE_g", referenced from:
> _H5T_STD_I16BE_g$non_lazy_ptr in libnetcdf.a(nc4hdf.o)

You need to add to your link options when building applications that use
netcdf-4.

When compiling the CDO, you need to set LIBS to be -lnetcdf -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5
-lz instead of -lnetcdf.

And if you installed HDF5/zlib somewhere different fron netcdf, you will need
to provide both locations to the linker with the -L flag. (Which you can do by
setting the LDFLAGS environmental variable.)

Please let me know if this doesn't help.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: CGC-382838
Department: Support netCDF