[netCDF #MTT-516772]: netcdf installation failure

> Ed,
>
> Sorry for the delay in getting back, but this is pretty low on my task list.
> I just took an upgrade of Cygwin.  There seemed to be significant bumps in
autoconf & automake, so I thought I'd try again.

Hmmmm. Autoconf and automake should not be involved in you building netcdf
under cygwin.

In fact, you should not be running them, and they would not very likely work
well. Cygwin is usually pretty far behind the curve on versions of these tools,
and we use some of the latest features in support of our fortran API, so you
can't use old versions.

The good news is that you don't have to. Just unpack the distribution and run
./configure && make.

The configure script was built by autoconf on *my* machine, where I know it is
up to date. It is not something a netCDF user should have to have, only the
netCDF development team need to have autoconf/automake.

> This time, instead of comparison errors, I'm getting permission denials in
tests from test_put.c
> I'm attaching the log file, in case you want to have a look at it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nate
> "Charm is the quality in others that makes us more satisfied with ourselves."
> H.F. Amiel

Weird.

Go into the nc_test directory and run the nc_test.exe program from the command
line, and see what it tells you.

nc_test.exe is an executable which should give you some text output telling you
that it is running tests. Please let me know what happens...

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: MTT-516772
Department: Support netCDF