[netCDF #QDP-507363]: Using Netcdf in c++ on windows

> Hey Ed,
>
> I tried compiling in Visual studio 2008, but the project was unable to
> compile because it couldnt find the include_next directive.

Sorry? Could you send me the error from visual studio?

> I installed mingw with dev and i would really like to compile in g++. Is
> this possible.  Also i download prebuilt lib, dll files, and when i tried
> linking to them, they c calls cannot be found.

Building in mingw is possible but I don't know how to do it presently. It did
work for me about two years ago.

The DLLs are known to work. Which DLL are you using? Are you including the C
header file? Are you setting the proper preprocessor variable to use the netCDF
DLL?

Thanks,

Ed

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am a student at Stevens Institute of Technology.  We use netcdf to
> > store a
> > > large database of ocean current data in linux.  Now we are trying to
> > access
> > > it in Windows and having a very difficult time.  Ive looked through many
> > > forums and tried many things, but none seem to fix the error. Im getting
> > the
> > > linker error "undefined reference". Tried compiling in Visual Studio 6 to
> > > make a netcdfsh.dll file, but still not working.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mina
> > >

> > Howdy Mina!
> >
> > Compiling on windows is always a challenge.
> >
> > If you get the latest visual studio (2008), you can just open the solution
> > file distributed with the netCDF source code, in directory win32/NET. Then
> > build the C interface and call the C functions from C++.
> >
> > The netCDF C++ API has never been ported to Windows, so you probably just
> > want to stick with C.
> >
> > Get the snapshot netCDF distribution to get the working visual studio
> > solution file:
> > ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz
> >
> > Please let me know if this helps.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ed
> >
> > Ticket Details