[netCDF #QDP-507363]: Using Netcdf in c++ on windows

> Hello,
>
> I am a student at Stevens Institute of Technology.  We use netcdf to store a
> large database of ocean current data in linux.  Now we are trying to access
> it in Windows and having a very difficult time.  Ive looked through many
> forums and tried many things, but none seem to fix the error. Im getting the
> linker error "undefined reference". Tried compiling in Visual Studio 6 to
> make a netcdfsh.dll file, but still not working.
>
> Thanks,
> Mina

Howdy Mina!

Compiling on windows is always a challenge.

If you get the latest visual studio (2008), you can just open the solution file
distributed with the netCDF source code, in directory win32/NET. Then build the
C interface and call the C functions from C++.

The netCDF C++ API has never been ported to Windows, so you probably just want
to stick with C.

Get the snapshot netCDF distribution to get the working visual studio solution
file:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: QDP-507363