[Support #OKV-182846]: After resolved NETCDF problems with Intel

> Hi,
>
> since several days ago you help me and I learned a lot of things!
> So I thank you for your support again!
>
> Now I'm to reassume the situation because there's a great problem with
> wrf.exe (crash!).
>
> My machine: Linux Fedora 9 on Acer Aspire 1693 notebook.
>
> 1) When I used gfortran/gcc (after some problems) everything was ok and wrf
> running
> 2) But WPP uses pg or intel compiler, so I "reset" everything and I started
> again...
> 3) So I choose Intel compiler 10.1.018 version (icc and ifort)
> 4) Problems occoured to build Netcdf 3.6.2 that I resolved compiling without
> C++ interface. Infact using the following set environment variables,
> configure, make, make check and make install are OK:

Since WRF uses the fortran netCDF API, you must use the same fortran for netCDF
as with WRF.

However you should be using netCDF 4.0, and there is a special intel web page
to help you get the settings correct for your platform.

Get the 4.0 release here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/ftp/netcdf-4.0.tar.gz

See the intel instructions here:
http://www.intel.com/support/performancetools/sb/CS-027812.htm

Please let me know if this doesn't work.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: OKV-182846
Department: Support netCDF