[netCDF #MUN-148710]: gabriel BARAJAS, question about netcdf

> Hi there and thanks for your time to answer my doubt,
>
> I am not sure if i must send you the email or post it in a forum, i
> apologize in advance if i was wrong.

Howdy Gabriel!

This is the correct place to send questions about building netCDF. ;-)

> I am having some troubles with my linux in order to install netcdf.
>
> $ export FC=/usr/bin/gfortran
> $ export F90=/usr/bin/gfortran
> $ export CXX=/usr/bin/g++
> $ export FCFLAGS=-o
> $ export CC=/usr/bin/gcc
> $ export CFLAGS=-o
> $ export CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran
>
> $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/netCDF

Errors in the config.log are perfectly normal. The configure script runs a
bunch of tests on your machine. Some pass, many fail. Using the results of
those tests, a set of makefiles is generated which will (hopefully) work on
your system.

Let the configure script run, and then type "make check install"

This will build netCDF, build and run all the tests, and then, if everything
worked, install netCDF to /usr/local/lib, or wherever you specified with the
--prefix option of the configure script. For instructions, see:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Quick-Instructions.html

Please let us know if this doesn't work for you.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: MUN-148710
Department: Support netCDF