[netCDF #REF-194673]: Buggy ncdump?

Hi Dave,

I just tried the ncdump in the current netCDF-4 snapshot on your file, and it
looks OK:

netcdf test_group_def {
dimensions:
        Time = UNLIMITED ; // (1 currently)
variables:
        double Time(Time) ;
                Time:units = "days since 1900-01-01" ;
                Time:long_name = "Time" ;
data:

 Time = 3.1415926536 ;

group: model2 {
  dimensions:
        X = 180 ;
        Y = 90 ;
  variables:
        double X(X) ;
                X:units = "degreesE" ;
                X:long_name = "X" ;
        double Y(Y) ;
                Y:units = "degreesE" ;
                Y:long_name = "Y" ;
  data:

So the problem you are seeing has been fixed since the netCDF-4.0/3.6.3
release, as
I just verified by running your file through ncdump made from that release.

I don't remember a problem that would have this symptom, but I could try some
intermediate
versions on your file to see when the problem was fixed and figure out what the
fix was from
that.  Anyway, let me know if you still see the bug in the current snapshot.
We will have an
official 4.0.1 release in October with all these accumulated fixes ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: REF-194673
Department: Support netCDF