[netCDF #REF-194673]: Buggy ncdump?

> Hi,
>
> is the new version (packaged with the latest release of netcdf-4) of
> ncdump buggy?  I've been playing around with making groups, and what I'm
> doing to create the file seems to work.  However, ncdump appears to be
> omitting some information from the file (.nc file is attached).  This is
> making it hard to figure out if my program is creating the netcdf file
> correctly.
>
> Specifically, I've written a "Time" coordinate variable value to the
> attached netcdf file, with value 3.15159.  But when I ncdump the file, no
> values for variable "Time" appear at all, despite the fact that no error
> is given when the value is written.  I'm pretty sure the actual value is
> in the file, since the attached simple C program reads and reports it
> correctly.  Yet it doesn't show up in ncdump.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Regards,
>
> --Dave

> David W. Pierce
> Division of Climate, Atmospheric Science, and Physical Oceanography
> Scripps Institution of Oceanography
> (858) 534-8276 (voice)  /  (858) 534-8561 (fax)    address@hidden

Howdy David,

Russ, who is the ncdump programmer, is away on vacation this week, so he won't
see your answer before sometime next week.

He has been working on ncdump since the release, so you might try a snapshot
release to see if your problem has already been solved.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: REF-194673
Department: Support netCDF