[netCDF #MPL-618419]: Problem building in cygwin.

Howdy Mike!

Firstly, you are still not getting the configure script to recognize that you
want to use g95 for the F77 and F90 APIs. (And you do.)

If you look at the configure output, you will see this, towards the end:

checking CPPFLAGS...
checking CC CFLAGS... cc -g -O2
checking type cc... cc is /usr/bin/cc
checking CXX... g++
checking CXXFLAGS... -g -O2
checking type g++... g++ is /usr/bin/g++
checking FC... f77
checking FFLAGS... -g -O2
checking type f77... f77 is /usr/bin/f77

This section of output shows what compilers the configure script found. As you
can see, FC is set to "f77" instead of g95.

Here's what that output looks like on my machine, when I set FC to "g95" before
starting configure:

checking CC CFLAGS... cc -g -O2
checking type cc... cc is /usr/bin/cc
checking CXX... c++
checking CXXFLAGS... -g -O2
checking type c++... c++ is /usr/bin/c++
checking FC... g95
checking FFLAGS... -g -O2
checking type g95... g95 is /opt/g95_v0.9/bin/g95

So check that you are setting FC to "g95" (and just leave environment variables
F90 and F77 alone, but if you must set them, set them to "g95" also.)

Then look at the output of configure to confirm that it picked up on your
choices.

During this, I have noticed something funny. When I compile with g95 on the
command line (of my Linux box), everything works great.

But when I added this case to my daily snapshot testing, it fails, in exactly
the same way that your build has failed. I am trying to figure this out now...

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: MPL-618419
Department: Support netCDF