[netCDF #MPL-618419]: Problem building in cygwin.

Mike,

Oops, sorry, I neglected to respond to part of your original question.

When I said the Fortran libraries are not separate, but get merged into
the C library libnetcdf.a, that's not actually always true.  Sometimes
the Fortran library is a separate library, specifically if either of the
following is true:

  - you use the --enable-separate-fortran flag to the configure script, or
  - you use the --enable-shared flag to configure

The reason you might want separate libraries for the netCDF Fortran
interface is in case you have to support multiple Fortran compilers on the
same platform, for example.

In either case, the library libnetcdff90.a is supposed to be just a
temporary library used in building the single separate Fortran library
named libnetcdff.a that contains both the f77 and f90 libraries.

I hope a "make distclean" is all that's needed top make sure this works OK,
but if not, try with a new copy of the source distribution.

--Russ

Ticket ID: MPL-618419
Department: Support netCDF