[netCDF #WJT-604051]: Installation problem

> Dear Ed,
> Thanks for looking at this problem.  The configure file is attached.
> John
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > > The configure failed for netcdf-3.6.3 using intel 10.1.008 fortran and
> > c++.
> > > It did not produce a Makefile.  I followed the instructions given on the
> > > intel webpage that is referenced on the netcdf website.  The output from
> > the
> > > configure is attached as cfgout, and the config.log file is attached.
> > > John Gary
> > >

> > I cannot get my intel C++ compiler to build netCDF 3.6.3 either, but I can
> > get it to work with g++.
> >
> > However, I don't get a failure in the configure, I get a failure in the
> > build. And it may just be a problem with my newly-reinstalled intel
> > compilers on my main test machine. I am still trying to figure it out.
> >
> > Could you send me your configure file?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ed
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: WJT-604051
> > Department: Support netCDF

John,

You problem was a bit of a stumper!

However, I did finally notice this:

FFLAGS=-O3 -xT -ipo -no-prec-div-static

You need a space before the "-static"

Can you try again and see if that fixes your problems? My intel 10.1 build
works with CFLAGS of
'-O3 -xN -ip -no-prec-div -static'

Please let me know if this doesn't help.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: WJT-604051
Department: Support netCDF