[netCDF #UCS-450316]: NetCDF 4 on Mac OS X Leopard

Howdy Craig!

I have been reading your parallel I/O problems, and I think I see the answer.

The good news is, it looks as if everything is actually working fine.

The difficulty is that parallel programs are launched differently on different
platforms, which makes automatic testing problematic. That's why parallel tests
are off by default.

The problem you are having is because the test script,
nc_test4/run_par_test.sh, is using mpiexec:

mpd&
mpiexec -n 4 ./tst_parallel
mpiexec -n 16 ./tst_parallel3

So go to the command line in the nc_test4 directory, and run the tst_parallel
program (with 4 nodes) using mpirun. It should work fine.

Then try the tst_parallel3 program with 16 modes.

To get the make check working, change the run_par_test.sh file so that it runs
the tests with mpirun, then do make check again.

Please let me know if this doesn't help.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: UCS-450316
Department: Support netCDF