[netCDF #PUM-976132]: Compile problems with NetCDF 3.6.3 and gcc's

> On 7/15/08 3:42 AM, Unidata netCDF Support said:
>
> >Wow, FORTIFY_SOURCE looks neat! I have never heard of it.
>
> Yes, it's great, but sadly not well known. :)
>
> >However, we don't use it or test with it. We should, maybe, but we don't
> >right now.
> >
> >If you can get it working, we accept user patches. Otherwise, you will
> >have to wait until we can work this into our testing...
>
> Unfortunately, NetCDF is but a dependency of a dependency of our
> application (no exaggeration) so I'm afraid I'll have to wait till you
> guys get around to it.  My vested interests aside, you really should
> turn on FORTIFY_SOURCE, it's a great bug finder.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --

Well Sean, it looks like you may get your wish, as I believe Russ is trying to
get FORTIFY_SOURCE working. Hopefully it will be working for our next release.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Ed

Ticket ID: PUM-976132
Department: Support netCDF