[netCDF #FRL-611318]: Building/Installing netCFD

> Dear Sir/Madam
>
> I am interested to install and use netCFD. I am  planning to install
> various libraries (netCFD, C compiler, G95, MPI and NCAR) which are
> necessary to run WRF-3. I am using Red Hat Linux (ver 5).
>
> I would highly appreciate it if you can answer my following questions:
>
> - Do you recommend me to install netCFD-4 or earlier versions (3.6.2)?

Howdy Jafaar!

Since you mention MPI, I would note that only netCDF-4/HDF5 files have the
ability to use parallel I/O, so perhaps netCDF-4 is the choice for you. It is
fully backward compatible anyway. (And there is also a 3.6.3 release after the
3.6.2 release.)

> - How can configure netCFD after I unzip and tar? I read
> "http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install.pdf";
>
> But it is not clear for me how I can do configure
>
> "./configure cc=gcc cxx=++F90=ifort f77=1" what does this mean?

No idea that that means. Where did you get it? See here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Quick-Instructions.html

You could also wait a few weeks for someone to add this to a red hat repository
and then update via whatever package management system you are using.

> I look forward to hearing from you
>
> regards
>
> Jaafar

Ticket ID: FRL-611318