[netCDF #TVB-444273]: HELP

> I need netcdf for GMT having gcc compiler. I have installed cygwin. When I
> am trying to configure netcdf it shows error below at last
>
> Please tell me what to do
>
> ARJUN@arjundeq /cygdrive/c/netcdf-4.0-beta2
>
> $ ./configure
> configure: netCDF 4.0-beta2
> checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
> checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
> checking for gawk... gawk
> configure: checking user options
> checking whether CXX is set to ''... no
> checking whether FC is set to ''... no
> checking whether F90 is set to ''... no
> checking whether this is a netCDF-4.x build... yes
> configure: Processing NetCDF-4 options.
> checking whether netCDF-4 is to be built...
> checking whether DAP client is to be built...
> checking whether new netCDF-4 C++ API is to be built... no
> checking whether HDF5 should do data conversions...
> checking whether extra example tests should be run...
> checking whether parallel IO tests should be run... no
> checking whether a location for the HDF5 library was specified... .
> checking whether a location for the ZLIB library was specified...
> checking whether a location for the SZLIB library was specified...
> checking whether netCDF-4 logging is enabled...
> checking whether netCDF extra tests should be run (developers only)... no
> checking whether documentation is to be installed... no
> checking whether Fortran compiler(s) should be tested during configure...
yes
> checking whether configure should try to set compiler flags... yes
> checking whether FFIO will be used... no
> checking whether to skip C++, F77, or F90 APIs if compiler is broken... yes
> checking whether only the C library is desired... no
> checking whether examples should be built... yes
> checking whether F77 API is desired... yes
> checking whether F90 API is desired... yes
> checking whether fortran type sizes should be checked... yes
> checking whether C API is desired... yes
> checking where to get netCDF C-only library for separate fortran
libraries...
> checking whether CXX API is desired... yes
> checking whether v2 netCDF API should be built... yes
> checking whether the ncgen/ncdump should be built... yes
> checking whether large file (> 2GB) tests should be run... no
> checking whether benchmaks should be run (experimental)... no
> checking whether extreme numbers should be used in tests... yes
> checking where to put large temp files if large file tests are run... .
> checking whether a win32 DLL is desired... no
> checking whether separate fortran libs are desired... no
> configure: finding C compiler
> checking for xlc... no
> checking for cc... no
> checking for c89... no
> checking for acc... no
> checking for gcc... no
>
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
>
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> ARJUN@arjundeq /cygdrive/c/netcdf-4.0-beta2
>
> ARJUN KUMAR
> Research Scholar
> Earthquake Engineering
> IIT Roorkee - 247667
> Mob: 09259123559

Howdy Arjun!

As it says, it can't find a C compiler. Open the cygwin setup.exe program and
make sure you have gcc installed. I believe it is not installed by default for
a minimum cygwin installation.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Thanks,

Ed

PS - You might like to get the full 4.0 release from the website, instead of
using the beta release.

Ticket ID: TVB-444273
Department: Support netCDF