[Support #LTL-314639]: netcdf cofigure error

The output you show from "make check" indicates that the Fortran interface
was built correctly and the tests work fine for netCDF version 3.6.2.

However, I don't understand something about the error output you are seeing
from:

  /shared/IntelFort/bin/ifort -I/shared/netcdf/ifort/include ftst_vars.F
  -L/shared/netcdf/ifort/lib -lnetcdf

In your program, are you making calls to netCDF-4 functions such as
"nf_def_var_deflate" or
"nf_def_var_fletcher32"?  These functions are new to netCDF-4, and not part of
the netCDF-3
library.  It looks like you built and installed the netCDF-3 library but are
calling new netCDF-4
functions.  If you really need netCDF-4 functions like nf_def_var_deflate, you
will need to
build and install the netCDF-4 beta library, but note that netCDF-4 is only in
beta release, it
has not been released yet.

--Russ

Ticket ID: LTL-314639