[Support #DKO-246585]: make check fails f90 tests when built with 64

> Full Name: Peter Farrell
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 3.6.2
> Operating System: AIX 5.3
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: I have application that requires 64-bit Fortran
integers and reals and interfaces to netCDF. at the library was built using the
following environment variables:

> FFLAGS=-qautodbl=dbl4 -qintsize=8 -qfixed -O3
> CXX=
> CPPFLAGS=
> CFLAGS=-g
> OBJECT_MODE=64
> F90FLAGS=-qautodbl=dbl4 -qintsize=8 -qfixed -qsuffix=f=f90 -g
>
> The build succeeds to the extent that make runs without errors.  However when
I run make check, this terminates with an error when testing the Fortran90
interface. From some debugging that I did, I suspect a problem between the
64-bit Fortran variables and 32-bit C variables across function/subroutine
interfaces.

Can I ask if you built for 32-bit integers on this platform? And whether that
succeeded?

I note that all the fortran 77 tests succeeded, which would imply this is a
problem in the F90 layer. Is that what your debugging turned up?

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: DKO-246585
Department: Support netCDF