[netCDF #AUD-213411]: bug fix for netcdf under gcc-4.3

> Hi,
> I was compiling the netcdf-3.6.2 libraries under gcc-4.3 and
> gfortran-4.3 on my mac, and found that the following include was
> missing:
>
> #include <cstring>
>
> which I added right after
>
> #include <string>
>
> in cxx/ncvalues.cpp
>
> Before adding it, I was getting an error:
>
> "error: 'strncpy' was not declared in this scope"
>
> But I found this fix here:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/porting_to.html
>
> Cheers,
> -Baylor Fox-Kemper, CU-Boulder CIRES/ATOC

Howdy!

Thanks for sending this. This fix has already been incorporated into the netcdf
codebase. If you want to try it out, get the daily snapshot, or one of the
recently released betas, all available on the netCDF homepage.

This change will be part of the 3.6.3 and 4.0 releases.

Thanks!

Ed

Ticket ID: AUD-213411
Department: Support netCDF