[netCDF #YCL-827910]: seg fault in nf_test for 3.6.2

Howdy Faye!

As we now know, the problems you experienced with the netCDF build were due to
a change in the Absoft fortran compiler, version 10.

The ultimate solution is for someone to modify the cfortran.h package to handle
this change in absoft fortran. However, maintaining the cfortran.h file is a
problem and this may take some time to arrange.

Meanwhile, I have added an option to the netCDF configure script,
--enable-absoft10-hack, which will cause netCDF to build and test cleanly, and
function correctly from absoft.

As part of this effort we have added Absoft fortran to our netCDF test system,
and now test against it daily.

To get the latest snapshot, or see the output of the build with an absoft
fortran compiler, see the netCDF-3 snapshot page:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/builds/snapshot/

For more information, see the known problems document:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/known_problems.html#absoft10

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: YCL-827910