[netCDF #UEP-102961]: data information in detail

> Hi,
>
> I use fortran 77 to deal with the netcdf data, and wonder how I can get
> the information of the nc file in detail. For example, the actual range
> of latitude is -87.5 to 87.5, I want to get the -87.5 and 87.5.  I plan
> to  interpolate some netcdf data with different resolution to the same,
> so the range of latitude, longtitude and time etc are needed.
> Althrough I can use  some  software to do this, I want to use command
> to do this.
>
> Since I have to deal with really huge amout of data, I think it must be
> must more efficient if I can read the nc data, get the information and
> interpolate the data in the same one program and use loops to deal with
> data of different resolution.
>
> Thanks very much and Best wishes!
>
> ying

Howdy Ying!

If I understand you correctly, you want to use some tools to manipulate netCDF
files, without having to write the Fortran programs. Is that correct?

I don't really know the answer to that, but there are some third party netCDF
tools (also free), which may help. You could try the NCO operators, or FAN, or
something like NCL. For the meanings of all these, see the netCDF tools page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/software.html

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: UEP-102961