[netCDF #TFX-662860]: Handling netCDF files within Mac Pro (intel chips).

Hi,

For Mac OS X, you need to have the Mac Developer Tools (XCode, we have tested
with verions 2.4.1 but it probably works fine with earlier versions).  This
gives you the necessary C compiler and libraries, but doesn't come with a
Fortran compiler.  If you don't need the Fortran interface (not needed for
ncdump, ncks, ncrcat, etc.) then just get the latest version of netCDF (3.6.2)
from:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/release-notes-3.6.2.html

and let its configure script build the necessary Makefiles, as described here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Quick-Instructions-for-Installing-NetCDF-on-Unix.html

If you need a Fortran interface, you'll need to install g95 using fink or
install a commercial Fortran compiler such as from Absoft.

To build NCO utilities such as ncksm ncrat, etc., you will need to get the
latest NCO source distribution and follow the instructions for building and
installing NCO.

We may have a binary distribution available for a Mac Intel system in a few
weeks, but it would probably be for g95 rather than a commercial Fortran
compiler, if it included the Fortran libraries.

Our primary support staff will be on vacation next week, so please don't expect
quick responses to support questions for the next week or so.

--Russ

Ticket ID: TFX-662860
Department: Support netCDF