[Support #BPJ-806970]: netcdf-3.6.2 faild on ia64

Malte,

In the last response, wherever I wrote "ifort" I meant to say "icc or ifort".

I doubt that it is a compiler optimization problem, but that's about all I
could think of that would explain this, unless we are assuming something about
low-level Unix I/O semantics that isn't true on this platform.

Another thing to try would be use of gcc and gfortran instead of icc and ifort,
to see if it worked using GNU compilers.  If not, then that would eliminate
compilers and their run-time support and instead make the file system suspect.

The failure is simple enough thst it ought to be possible to come up with a
little test case that is independent of netCDF that demonstrates the problem,
particularly if it also occurs with non-Intel compilers.

--Russ

Ticket ID: BPJ-806970
Department: Support netCDF