[netCDF #AJQ-779035]: forgot to attach files

> Hello,
>
> I sent a message in earlier regarding my inability to get NetCDF
> v3.6.1 to configure on my Mac PowerPC G5. I have since used the
> CPPFLAGS=-DpgiFortran rather than -Dfc2Fortran and it seems to
> configure, make and make check (please see attached files). However,
> when try to compile any programs containing netcdf I get the
> following error:
>
> Error: can't open included file '/usr/local/include/netcdf.inc'
>
> The include files are in /usr/local/include and all appear to have
> been generated with libnetcdf.a and _c++.a. Therefore, I am having
> trouble understanding the source of this error.
>
> I am using gfortran 4.3.0
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Mike

Howdy Mike!

I note that gfortran 4.3.0 is two versions ahead of the stable release of
gfortran, which is 4.1.2.

In fact, other than their SVN repository, I can't even find a distribution of
gfortran 4.3.0 to try this out on. Did you get gfortran from the SVN repository
and build it?

I see that another Mac user is also contacting support with a gfortran 4.3
issue. Where are you mac people getting 4.3? You seem to be ahead of the crowd!

I test on a mac with a 4.0.3 version of gfortran. I believe that, last time I
tried, that was the most advanced version I could get to build there. NetCDF
does work fine with 4.0.3 on the Mac, and with 4.1.2 on other platforms.

Can you try an earlier version of gfortran?

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: AJQ-779035
Department: Support netCDF