[netCDF #FEZ-604468]: cputype error

Hi Matthew,

It looks as if you are trying to link a library built on a PowerPC platform
(such as a Mac G4 or G5 computer) with a program built on an an Intel x86
platform (such as a MacBook Pro or a Mac Pro).  Mac OS X has system software
called Rosetta that lets you use PowerPC executables on an Intel platform, but
I think you can't just link an Intel program with a library built on a PowerPC
without some special adaptation.  I'm not sure how to build a "fat" library
that you can link to on either a PowerPC or Intel Mac.

I suggest that you just rebuild the netCDF library on the Intel Mac.  As far as
I know, it just takes running the "configure --prefix=your-install-location"
script in the top-level source directory and then invoking "make check install"
to install it where you specified.

We will eventually have binaries for the Mac Intel architecture (I've got one
at home), but currently the only binaries we provide for Mac platforms are for
PowerPC ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: FEZ-604468
Department: Support netCDF