[netCDF #IQO-210917]: Fortran 90 manpages missing in netcdf 3.6.2 beta3

> On 17 Aug 2006, at 21:48, Unidata netCDF Support wrote:
>

> >> - When no values for the flags FFLAGS, CFLAGS, etc, are given on
> >> the ./configure command line, I would expect a default to be used
> >> (for example -g -O2). That is happening correctly only for FCFLAGS
> >> (those used for Fortran 90). It doesn't hurt me since I can now use
> >> FFLAGS=-O2, etc, and that works.
> >
> > Umm, wasn't this one of the things you asked to be changed? That
> > the -g -O2 would no longer be set by defult? ;-)
>
> I didn't have a problem with the -g -O2 being the default. The
> problem was that I couldn't overrule it in the configure script.
> For example "configure CFLAGS=-O2" used to have no effect, it would
> still set "CFLAGS=-g -O2". The only way to bypass this was to do a
> "make install-strip" in the end which would remove the debugging code.

OK. I think this is now working the way it should. -g -O2 will be the default
if nothing else is selected, but ./configure CFLAGS= works for me (i.e. does
not set CFLAGS to -g -O2). This will be in the next beta.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: IQO-210917
Department: Support netCDF