[netCDF #IQO-210917]: Fortran 90 manpages missing in netcdf 3.6.2 beta3

> Dear NetCDF support.

Howdy again Remko!

> I just downloaded the tar.gz archive of the latest version of NetCDF
> (3.6.2-beta3). I'm pleased the gfortran compiler is now properly
> supported. But there are three issues:
>
> 1) There is no easy way to switch on optimisation (unless I specify
> CFLAGS=-O2 FCFLAGS=-O2 etc in calling configure)

I believe that this is correct and usual with autoconf/automake/libtool
packages. There is no way for me to know what optimization flags might work on
your platform. So how can I set them?

> 2) There is no easy way to switch off debugging (unless I do the
> above AND specify AM_CPPFLAGS=../libsrc in calling make)

You mean the -g option? That should no longer be turned on anywhere by default.
If it is, that's a bug. Please let me know. All flags must be set by the user,
for debugging or optimization.

> 3) The manpages for Fortran 90 are missing (there is no file netcdf.
> 3f90)

Thanks for pointing this out! I never noticed that the F90 man pages wasn't
being installed. I have fixed this for the next release.

> Furthermore, since man will only find netcdf.3f and netcdf.3f90
> when they are in directories man3f and man3f90, it may be wise to add
> symbolic links man3f -> man3 and man3f90 -> man3

Sorry, I don't follow you here. Could you elaborate?

> Keep up the good work!

You too!

Thanks,

Ed Hartnett