[netCDF #TBC-890652]: Native NetCDF 4 build on a PC?

Howdy Rich,

I have not yet attempted this, but would like to give it a try for you.

However, I am a bit swamped at the moment trying to get 3.6.2 shipped, and then
must turn attention to the newly-started CFIO library.

(As an additional complication, cvs has suddenly broken for me on the PC that I
would be doing this on - Doh!!)

Currently there is a netcdf directory under NET which imports all the libsrc
files and creates the library. (It also contains all the fortran.)

What must happen is that it *also* must contain all the libsrc4 C files, and
must engage in the proper skulldugery to rename (via macro) all the nc_
functions in libsrc to nc3_. (This allows netCDF-4 to use the netCDF-3 code
without name clashes.)

So if you want to try it, take the win32 directory from the 3.6.2 release and
plop it on to the netdf-4 release, and if you get it working I will be happy to
incorporate your .sln file(s) into the build tree so that everyone can use them.

What is it that you really want? A netCDF-4 DLL? It probably will be quicker to
using mingw to generate netCDF dlls without visual studio, right from the same
configuration files that are already in the build. This is what I am attempting
to do now with 3.6.2.

I have been trying all week, but I'm not out of ideas yet, and the software is
supposed to work this way, if you do everything just right. So I am trying to
get everything just right...

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: TBC-890652