[netCDF #YIR-389758]: NetCDF build using Cygwin and Windows native compilers

Howdy Girish!

At the moment I am trying to get netCDF to build with mingw, so I feel your
pain.

However, I don't know the answer to your question of how to get netcdf to build
under cygwin  using MS command line tools. My understanding is that this should
work, but it's finicky. I suggest you start with just the C (use --disable-f77
and --disable-cxx configure arguments).

If you do get this working, please tell me about it. If I can modify the build
files to support it in the future I would be happy to do so.

Thanks!

Ed Hartnett

Ticket ID: YIR-389758
Department: Support netCDF