Re: Fw: 20050725: cgywin and netcdf-3.6.1-beta

address@hidden writes:

> Hello Ed,
>
> I was just wondering how things are going with the problems.  Was there a
> simply solutions to the netcdf installing on cygwin problem???
>
> regards
>
> Celia Mackie
> Data Analyst
> Scientific & Technical
> Environment

Howdy Celia,

NetCDF seems to be having trouble with your fortran program, which it
found at /usr/bin/f77.

Is this a very old or broken fortran compiler? Do 'f77 --version' to
confirm that this is GNU fortran, and that the version is reasonably
recent. My version is 3.4.3 - if you have a much earlier version, then
upgrade.

If f77 --version returns an error, then netCDF configure is
incorrectly identifying it as GNU fortran.

What fortran compiler do you want to use? Presumably you want the
fortran API, so you have some fortran application in mind...

Thanks,

Ed

--
Ed Hartnett  -- address@hidden