Re: C manual (fwd)

János,

> thanks for your reply. It is good to know that what I intend is already
> realized in other fields.
> I would be primarily interested in code fragments and detailed ideas, maybe
> discussions.
> I am afraid, however, that because of the standard, the software layer of the
> top of netCDF
> is not downloadable. The standard itself is surely interesting, but not in
> this phase.
> I guess you are one of the moderators of the ML groups, so maybe you know
> which group
> might contain any related information.

There was some discussion on the netcdfgroup mailing list, starting in
1992, about the development of the chromatography standard.  It was
led by Rich Lysakowski, the Project Director for the Analytical Data
Interchange and Storage Standards (ADISS) project.  You can see some
of this by getting the archive of all the netcdfgroup mail from:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/mail-archives/netcdfgroup

as a single file (about 6.5 Mbytes), and then searching for the string
"Lysakowski" or ADISS.

--Russ