Re: 20050512: netCDF file installation

>To: address@hidden
>From: address@hidden
>Subject: netCDF file installation

Hi Luis,

> I need to download the best netCDF for run wrf numerical model, into
> a pc with linux fedora core 2 (OS) and Intel III processor (just
> only one)...
>
> What you recommend or suggest me ???
>
> Thanks in advanced

I recommend the netcdf-3.6.0-p1 that must be compiled and installed
from source.  That way you can use whatever C and Fortran compilers
you have.  It's available from:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.gz

If you happen to have the Absoft or Intel ifort Fortran compiler, it
would be better to use version 3.6.1-beta3, available from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.6.1-beta3.tar.gz

instead, because it includes a correction to the configure script for
those compilers on Linux.

--Russ