20050210: FTP of netcdf 3.6

>From: "Bunts, Phillip" <address@hidden>

Hi Flipp,

>i have been unable to get the
>ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.gz tarball, do you know
>of a mirror anywhere else? or if the ftp server will be back up any time
>soon?

I just verified that the FTP site is up and working normally by FTPing
the netCDF 3.6.0 distribution from a machine at Texas A&M University
(where I have a login account).

If you are going through the web interface (which fires off an FTP)
and you still have problems, please try the FTP site directly:

machine: ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
user:    anonymous
pass:    address@hidden
directory: pub/netcdf
file:    netcdf-3.6.0.tar.gz

If this doesn't work for you it most likely means that you are trying
to FTP to a directory on your machine in which you do not have write
permission and/or DNS for your machine does not support forward and
reverse name lookup.  We check for the forward/reverse name lookup
to help keep down DoS attacks on our FTP site.  My experience is that
many users machines do not have the DNS support we need, but they
are able to FTP to some other machine in their organization.

>thanks.

No worries.  Please let us know if your FTP attempts fail.

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas