Re: 20050204:netCDF source

>To: address@hidden
>From: kuldeep srivastava <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 64-bit SGI netcdf (fwd)

Hi Kuldeep,

> I request you to give information on NETCDF libraries that work for
> SGI(ORIGIN)
> 64bit machine. The programme needs /usr/local/lib32/r4i4 to configure.you may
> suggest me what library i may use for this 64 bit machine. Ineed the files as
> am unable to get it from web.

The source for the netCDF libraries is available as a compressed or
gzipped tar file from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z
or
  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.gz

You can compile and install it from source by following the
instructions here:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Building-and-Installing-NetCDF-on-Unix-Systems.html#Building-and-Installing-NetCDF-on-Unix-Systems

which includes a link for "Building on 64 Bit Platforms".

We also have precompiled (binary) versions of the netCDF 3.6.0
libraries and utilities ready to install for SGI IRIX64 6.5:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/binary/irix64_6.5-mips/netcdf-3.6.0.tar.Z

--Russ

address@hidden          http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ