Re: 20041013: Patch for PathScale compilers

>cc: Betsy Zeller <address@hidden>,
>cc: Jeff Broughton <address@hidden>,
>cc: Greg Lindahl <address@hidden>,
>cc: Didier Cabannes <address@hidden>,
>cc: Dan Sahagun <address@hidden>
>From: Robert Walsh <address@hidden>
>Subject: Patch for PathScale compilers

Robert,

> Hi there,
>
> I have attached a small patch to allow NetCDF to be compiled with the
> PathScale compilers (http://www.pathscale.com/).  Is there any chance
> that this might make it into an official release?

Thanks for providing this.  We have a netCDF beta release currently
available:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.gz

which has a more recent version of cfortran.h, the file you provided a
patch for, than in the netCDF-3.5.1 release.

Would it be possible for you to test whether your patch works with the
more recent 4.3 version of cfortran.h in our beta release?  If you
could give us a patch against the cfortran.h file in the beta release,
we could insure that it will be in the next official release, 3.6.0,
due out in a few weeks.  Otherwise, it will be difficult for us to
apply the patch to the more recent file, especially since we have no
way of testing it.

Thanks!

--Russ