Re: 20041013: Patch for PathScale compilers

>cc: Betsy Zeller <address@hidden>,
>cc: Jeff Broughton <address@hidden>,
>cc: Greg Lindahl <address@hidden>,
>cc: Didier Cabannes <address@hidden>,
>cc: Dan Sahagun <address@hidden>
>From: Robert Walsh <address@hidden>
>Subject: Patch for PathScale compilers

Robert,

> Thanks for the quick response.  The patch did not apply cleanly to the
> beta release, so I had to re-jig it a bit.  The new patch is attached to
> this message, and applies cleanly.  It passes all the self-tests.

Thanks for reworking this for cfortran.h version 4.3.  If you want
your PathScale patches incorporated into the developer's master copy
of cfortran.h so that they get carried forward into versions
subsequent to 4.3, you may want to also send the patch to the author,
Burkhard Burow, assuming he is still maintaining this file.

I've applied your patch and committed the result into our 3.6.0-beta
release.  Assuming your changes don't break any of the Fortran
interface tests on our other platforms (I've only tested on
Solaris/SPARC so far), they will be in the final 3.6.0 release.

> Note: because of the changes to cfortran.h in the 3.6.0 beta release,
> this new patch does not apply to the 3.5.1 release.  The patch I sent
> yesterday is still needed for this.

OK, I'll make the other patch available for people who would rather
modify cfortran.h version 4.1 from the netCDF 3.5.1 release.

--Russ