20041002: ask for help to find the source of troubles in compiling

Ro Young Jae,

> To: <address@hidden>
> From: "Ro Young Jae" <address@hidden>
> Subject: ask for help to find the source of troubles in compiling

> Since I am a beginner in installing netcdf library, I am seeking advises to
> figure out the source of troubles.
>
> Troubles are
>
> 1) I am trying to compile program(subroutine) called putcdf.f,
> 2) in putcdf.f, there is statment       Include 'netcdf.inc' which resides
> in the same directory of putcdf.f
> 3) also I have libnetcdf.a file in the same directory
> 4) when I am issuing fortran compile command such as
>     f90 -c putcdf.f

The above command should compile (but not link) the file putcdf.f

> 5) I have bunch of error messages such as
> undefined                       first referenced
> nf_get_att_double_                  putcdf.o
> nf_get_att_int_                     putcdf.o
> nf_get_att_int1_                    putcdf.o
> nf_get_att_int2_                    putcdf.o
> nf_get_att_real_                    putcdf.o
> nf_get_att_text_                    putcdf.o

The above errors indicate problems when trying to link-together a
program.

Are you sure the command you executed was "f90 -c putcdf.f"?  Could you
have used the "-o" option?

Is there someone there to whom you could show this?

> 6)  I find above symbols such as nf_get_att_double , etc are listed in the
> netcdf.inc
> 7) since netcdf.inc is included, why do I have such error messages?
>
> It seems that this is sort of simple compiling probelms. Yet, i don't know
> how to sort out.
>
> Please give me any advises.
>
> Thansk for your helps in advance.

Regards,