Re: NetCDF for OpenVMS

>To: address@hidden
>From: address@hidden (Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen)
>Subject: Re: 20040504: subject
Hi Jouk,

> I just compiled and tested NetCDF 3.5.1 sucessfully on my OpenVMS Alpha
> system. Please look for details on my web-page
>    http://nchrem.tnw.tudelft.nl/openvms/software2.html#NETCDF
>
> Note that I did not compile/test the C++ part since the present version of the
> C++ compiler for OpenVMS does not support the std-namespace stuff. (Is there
> a way to get around this?)

On behalf of the netCDF community, thanks very much for contributing
this information and for the effort that evidently went in to creating
the patch!

I've added a brief note and link to the above web-page from our "Other
Builds of the netCDF Package" web page at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html

specifically

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html#openvms

Please let me know if there are any changes you want to this.

Your name is also now listed in

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/credits.html

If you would rather it appear as Jacob Jansen instead, let me know
about that too.

--Russ

address@hidden          http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ