Re: symbol table in netCDF file

Hi,

> My name is amogh mudkavi. I am from Bangalore India. currently I am
> working on weather prediction application software. Just now i
> received invetation to join the netCDf group. Can any body tell me
> in detail what all the information is contained in the netCDF file
> symbol table?

If you want to know about the netCDF format, it is described in the
User's Guide chapter on "NetCDF File Structure and Performance" at:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/guidec/guidec-14.html#HEADING14-0

But you should not need to know anything about the format of the
symbol table or the file format in order to access netCDF data.  It is
designed to be accessed through one of the programming language
interfaces for C, C++, Fortran-77, Fortran-90, Java, Perl, Python,
Ruby, etc.

You can find the documentation for many of these at the netCDF
documentation URL:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/docs.html

--Russ

address@hidden          http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ