Re: netCDF for W2K

>To: address@hidden
>From: "James K Lewis" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040311: netCDF for W2K

Jim,

> Russ:  It looks like I'm going to have to build my own f90netcdf.lib and
> netcdf.lib using Microsoft Visual C++.  Lahey insures me that their linker
> can 'render' MS Visual libraries properly.  Am I correct in assuming that
> the f90netcdf.lib has all the libraries to the fn90 subroutines, and then
> netcdf has all the subroutines connecting the nf90 subroutines to the
> standard netcdf subroutines?
>
> I need to know what source is used to generate the f90netcdf.lib and if
> there is a msofts.mak file for it.  I've downloaded a lot of stuff off the
> web site, so I probably have it, but I want you to tell me exactly which one
> to use.  Likewise, I need to know what source is used to generate the
> netcdf.lib for F90 and it's corresponding msofts.mak file.

We didn't build the f90 library you downloaded.  It was contributed by
Alan Imerito <address@hidden>, who only provided the following
information:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/msgout?/glimpse/netcdf/5355

If you need any more details, I'm afraid you'll have to contact Alan
Imerito.  We had pointed him to our makefiles in

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.5-beta5.win32make.ZIP

but he may have used slightly more recent makefiles in

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/maks.zip

Sorry, that's all the information I have about where the f90 Win32
version came from and how it was built.

--Russ