Re: 20040116: Support for Unidata products on Cray systems

Hi Kevin,

> I am working to gather up my Cray X1 porting mods to
> netcdf.  A question arose, because a number of the
> changes are to cfortran.h.  Would you like to take those
> modifications directly, or would you rather that I feed
> those to the cfortran.h author Burkhard Steinmacher-Burow?
>
> Actually, almost all of the porting changes are in cfortran.h.
> The rest of netCDF was nicely portable!

The most recent change Burkhard Steinmacher-Burow made to cfortran.h
was in July 1998:

  http://www-zeus.desy.de/~burow/cfortran/cfortran.html

We can fold your changes into our version and send it back to him, in
case he is still maintaining cfortran.h.  We are about to release
netCDF 3.5.1, but haven't made any changes to cfortran.h in any recent
betas, so we could include your changes in a 3.6.0 beta release.

So please send us the changes directly, preferably as a patch to the
3.5.1 release that's out there now:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.5.1.tar.Z

Thanks!

--Russ