20040126: Netcdf3.5 installation problem on HP-UX 11

Sujoy,

> To: <address@hidden>
> From: "Sujoy Saraswati" <address@hidden>
> Subject: Netcdf3.5 installation problem on HP-UX

>   I am getting a failure running the tests on netcdf on a IA64 HP-UX box.
> The details are given below. Please let me know if you want more details
> from me.
> Regards,
> Sujoy
>
> A. uname -a
> HP-UX ian B.11.22 U ia64 0223118237 unlimited-user license
>
> B. more VERSION
> 3.5.0
>
> C. $ which f90
> /opt/fortran90/bin/f90
> $ echo $CC
> /usr/bin/cc
> $ echo $CXX
> /opt/aCC/bin/aCC
>
> D. configure.log
>
> creating cache ./config.cache
> checking for top-level source-directory
> /home/grecus/netcdf/netcdf-3.5.0/src
> checking for m4 preprocessor
> checking for m4... m4
> checking m4 flags... -B10000
> checking C compiler "cc"... works
> checking how to make dependencies... false
> checking for /opt/aCC/bin/aCC... /opt/aCC/bin/aCC
> checking C++ compiler "/opt/aCC/bin/aCC"... works
> checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
> checking for fort77... no
> configure: warning: Could not find working Fortran-77 compiler
> configure: warning: The Fortran-77 interface will not be built

If the Fortran-77 interface isn't built then the Fortran-90 interface
won't work.  This is the source of your problem.

Please try the following:

    1.  Get the latest "beta" release of the netCDF package (it's better
        than version 3.5.0).

    2.  Use the following environment variable settings:

            CC=/usr/bin/cc
            CPPFLAGS='-D_HPUX_SOURCE -DNDEBUG'
            CFLAGS=-O
            FC=/opt/fortran90/bin/f90