20040122: building GFDL's NetCDF Interface Routines

Miller,

> To: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
> From: Miller Franklin E Contr SMC DET 11 /WXTG <address@hidden>
> Subject: What Install and run procedure should I use for Sun Solaris 8 f77 ?

> The "How to build GFDL's NetCDF Interface Routines" instructions covers f77
> SGI, and
>
> t90 whatever.  Should I be using the f77 SGI procedure?

I'm afraid I don't know what you're asking.  I help support the Unidata
netCDF package, but I don't know anything about "GFDL's NetCDF Interface
Routines".

Do you need to communicate with GFDL?

I can tell you how to build the netCDF package on a Sun Solaris 8 system
using the f77(1) Fortran-77 compiler.  Basically, you follow the
instructions in the file INSTALL.html, which comes with the netCDF
package.  You should follow the "Solaris" example in that file.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson