Re:

>To: address@hidden
>From: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: 20031218: Windows and C++ netCDF interface

Hi Francis,

> I'm trying to use NetCDF from the microsoft C++.Net (VC7)
> framework. For that I'm using 'your' C++ interface (netcdfcpp.h) but
> get into some trouble with the ncvalues extension (ncvalues.h uses
> strstream.h which is using, in chain, lots of other include files
> not available under windows).
>
> As I plan only to use the 'simple' NetCDF stuff, would it be
> possible to 'surgically' remove the ncvalues bit from your C++
> interface. If so, would you have some hints how to do that?

It would be difficult to remove the ncvalues classes, but you can use
the current netCDF-3.5.1 beta release, which fixes the C++ problems
by conforming to recent C++ standards.  Just use the sources from:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.Z

and follow the instructions for building from source for Windows using
the Makefiles from

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.5.0.win32makeVC6.ZIP

and the instructions from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/WIN32_README.TXT

--Russ